Visitation at the Jefferson County Correctional Facility will resume April 4, 2021. All visits must be scheduled. Please see the “visit inmate” link for more information.
Human Trafficking Investigation
On Thursday 2/25/2021 and Friday 2/26/2021 Deputies with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office conducted a joint human trafficking operation aimed at identifying and assisting victims of human trafficking, as well as holding those that traffic and exploit them accountable.
As a result of the operation, two human traffickers were identified, resulting in the arrest of one at this time. An investigation into the other trafficker is ongoing.
Five victims of human trafficking were identified and were immediately provided social services to include medical, safe housing and counseling.
In addition, eight men were arrested for attempting to purchase sex from adult females, three of those men were also charged with attempting to purchase sexual acts with children. These individuals are:
1. LANDRY, TERRY, age 62----------PROSTITUTION
2. BROOKS, RYAN, age 44-----------SOLICITATION OF PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18
3. SALINAS, JOSE, age 34-----------PROSTITUTION
4. SALAS, BERTIN, age 41-----------PROSTITUTION
5. HENRY, CODY, age 24------------PROSTITUTION AND SOLICITATION OF PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18
6. MOUTON, JOSHUA, 31-----------PROSTITUTION
7. CRACKNELL, CHAD, age 44 -----PROSTITUTION AND SOLICITATION OF PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18
8. MALONSON, DAVID, age 28-----PROSTITUTION
9. GERARD, TROY, age 29-----------PROMOTION OF PROSTITUTION
This operation was conducted in conjunction with the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office, Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office, HSI, Port Arthur P.D., Nederland P.D., Orange P.D., Jefferson County Pct. 1 Constables Office, Chambers County Sheriff’s Office, Orange County Constable Pct. 2, Texas DPS, McLennan County Sheriff’s Office, Beauregard Parish Sheriff’s Office and DEA. Non-governmental organizations that provided assistance were Garth House, Harvest House, Collective Liberty and St. Elizabeth Forensic Nursing, S.A.N.E..
Human trafficking crosses all lines - county lines, state lines and human decency lines. The women, men and children forced into this atrocity are not there willingly. If you have suspicion of sex trade operations please report it to your local law enforcement agency immediately. You could be saving a life.
2/27/2021 11:30 AM
Crystal Holmes, PIO