For documents, declarations, and orders in regards to COVID-19, click the link below. Monitor local news sources for continuing updates.
COVID-19 Related Documents and Declarations

Recertified Operating Plan for Conducting Jury Trials

The Public Information Act

Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.

Rights of Requestors

You have the right to:

Responsibilities of Governmental Bodies

All governmental bodies responding to information requests have the responsibility to:

Procedures to Obtain Information.

  1. Submit a request by mail, fax, email or in person according to a governmental body's reasonable procedures.
  2. Include enough description and detail about the information requested to enable the governmental body to accurately identify and locate the information requested.
  3. Cooperate with the governmental body's reasonable efforts to clarify the type or amount of information requested.
A. Information to be released

Cost of Records

B. Information that may be withheld due to an exception

1. request an Attorney General opinion and state which exceptions apply;

2. notify the requestor of the referral to the Attorney General; and

3. notify third parties if the request involves their proprietary information.

You may send your request
By mail to: John Johnson, P. O. Box 4025, Beaumont, Tx. 77704
By e-mail to:
By fax to: 409-839-2311
In person at: 1149 Pearl, 4th fl., Beaumont, Texas

For complaints regarding failure to release public information please contact your local County or District Attorney at:

You may also contact the Office of the Attorney General, Open Records Hotline, at 512-478-6736 or toll-free at 1-877-673-6839.

For complaints regarding overcharges, please contact the General Services Commission at 512-475-2497.

If you need special accommodation pursuant to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact our ADA coordinator, ________________ at _______________ .